The TinkerLab and Studio is housed in a cottage off our playground where children can constantly view the latest inventions and creations being made by their “fellow makers.” This unique space provides an environment that offers opportunities for all types of MAKING.
Here children can:
- Create, build and design with wire, clay, tape, scissors, cardboard, paper & repurposed materials
- Complete simple circuits to enhance their inventions with lights and motors
- Become knowledgeable about how to use simple tools through hands on experience
- Develop grit and resilience while they try again and again to make their chain reactions successful
- Explore with magnets, wind and water to make predictions and build ideas
- Paint, sketch and design images with pastels, watercolors, sponges, stamps, and pencils
In the creative setting of the TinkerLab & Studio, children are enticed to participate and MAKE without having to follow a step by step rule book. They are given the knowledge and understanding of how to use a variety of tools and materials so they can create their own outcome! This is the place where our youngest learners first feel the sense of wonderment and power as they make their dreams a reality.